Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Every Day Is Saturday

Today is Saturday.  Like everyday.  Yesterday was Saturday too.  And so was the day before that.

So 2 Saturday's ago we motorbiked our way to Ubud, which you can read about and watch about in the best selling novel and Hollywood film, Eat, Pray, Love.  It is a small town pretty much in the center of the island, home to rice fields, a pretty strong western influence, Yoga retreats (mostly run by Westerners), lots of arts and shopping and plenty of beautiful accommodations.  We are still staying at the Puri Bambu in Jimbaran until Saturday, 2 days from now. 

Today we went back to Padang Padang and surfed and hung out for a few hours.  The waves were small, there were not more than 10 people out there at any time, and for a while there were just 3 of us.  Small but perfect and fun for me, pretty long rides, joy in my heart.  I haven't been in the water in at least 8 months, and it was great.  I had some good rides and  a lot of fun.  The water was warm but so was the sun and now I am in pain.  Its a pretty bad sunburn, you'd think I'd know better by now. 

Oh yeah, and my camera miraculously started working again.



Sittin on a dock of a bay.  Watching the tide roll away.

No comments:

Post a Comment