Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Duty Free

Shopping while you fly is the most fun way to buy!

That's the United Airlines jingle for their in-flight Sky Mall, played on the screen while we wait to take off.  How ridiculous is that, really?  You can shop till you drop until you get to the gate, and then you can shop some more from a catalogue in your seat.  Seriously, can people not take just a few hours off?  Who the hell gets on a plane and decides they need a pearl necklace anyway?!

I just landed in SFO, and had a step outside to breath some California air and absorb a little California sun.  People talk funny here.

Of course, the US dollar is now, for the first time since I arrived in Australia, stronger than the Australian dollar - really, on the day I leave Australia it changes.

My time in Australia was too good.  So good that I don't even want to talk about it really. But I will say this: all the adventures, all of the fun, all of the beautiful scenery, all was wonderful.  And then, there are just a few people who will also stay with me forever, and that's really something.

I'm hungry, and have one more flight to go.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back, come to Westport whenever you can! We are here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. maria - it's been too long since there was a post here! please add something soon! there must be a lot to tell. :)

    ReplyDelete