Sunday, March 6, 2011

Quick Herrow

Herrow Kitties!

Things are good here.  Been hanging around Byron, surfing a bit (getting close enough to dolphins to look them in the eyes), looking for a job to pass some time and open an Australian bank account with, reading books, sunbathing, and otherwise killing time.

I went down to a dive shop last week and was talking to the guy at the desk.  He asked me if I'd be around for a while, and if so then I should volunteer and get free dives.  I will do that, I just purchased diver's insurance so I'm going to start with that ASAP.  He also asked me what level diver I was, to which I proudly replied..."I'm a rescue diver!"  =)  That makes me eligible to be a dive guide once I get familiar with the dive sites.  Good stuff.

About an hour north of here is allegedly where the Quiksilver Pro was to be taking place since last week.  There have been no waves whatsoever so they haven't been competing until today I think.  I made a failed attempt to get in on some of the action this weekend, but went to see no waves and lots of rain.  We did go to a surf movie premier night which as pretty cool and reminded me of my glory days at fun industry events back in Santa Monica with the ZJ family.

The rainy weather is always a bit to put one in a funk.  I'm craving some routine and structure for a little while, but I think I'll have that underway pretty soon here.  

I haven't got consistent internet, so sorry for the lack of photos.  I do have some, I will just post a bunch next time in a massive upload. 

Love you all, miss you all.  For real.

3 comments:

  1. maria - here the sun is always in a southerly direction, so it traces out an arc that goes basically from left to right (east to west as you are facing south) - do you find the opposite of that to be true down there? does the sun go from right to left? how do you deal with it?!?!

    lv,
    at

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how long will you be in Australia? Sounds like you are having a great time. Don't let the rainy weather put you in a funk...if you ever do feel like you are in a funk...do a handstand for you and then one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dad - what i notice most about the sun is its often visible. ill pay closer attention to the illusion of its movement through the sky.

    mauricio- not sure how long ill be here. my visa allows me to stay 1 year, which after getting here i realize will be very easy to do. but i also am torn because id like to move onward sooner than that maybe. i can work on this visa as well, its a pretty sweet deal, super easy to get. look into it if you are interested. australia work and holiday visa subclass 462

    if i was australian though, i would not tell ANYBODY about australia. im surprised they invite us all over so easily.

    handstands make everything better. a rush of blood to the head =)

    ReplyDelete