Saturday, May 14, 2011

Byron - The Final Days

Worked my last shift today at the restaurant.  My time there was short but sweet.  They were certainly disappointed that I ended up being a short term employee, and trust me I felt pretty guilty about letting them down... but I'm pretty sure I saw them hiring my replacement this afternoon, and Fish Heads as a whole will have forgotten me by next week.

It was a beautiful day, and the office view was stunning.  Julian Rocks looked peaceful in the distance, and there was some kind of bird feeding frenzy not too far of shore.  Birds circling a school of fish, no doubt, making the occasional torpedo dive from above.

Tomorrow my bags will be packed, I'll take it easy and maybe meet some friends in town.  Kat just got back after 4 weeks out to sea, so I guess she can have her car back.

I just booked my flight to Sydney for Monday night, and I have a flight to Buenos Aires on Wednesday morning.  It all happened so fast.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend.

It all happens so fast, and next thing you know you're 90 years old.  So just do it.

I think I felt more anxiety all day today than I did when looking a shark in the face and swimming though a dark cave 80 ft under water.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Sweetie! Things happen fast even when they aren't happening fast. But things for you seem to be on some kind of accelerant lately. I am sorry you had to leave your Fish Heads job behind, but, it is that kind of job. What airline are you on from Sydney to Buenos Aires? Is it a non-stop? Can't wait to see a few pictures of Argentina - I am sure it is an enchanting land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. carolyn...who ISN'T in Argentina!?!?!? Ahhhh Maria, your fantastic. Go dance the night away, I think you are going to do that a lot. It all happens so fast, but I think it just keeps getting better and better. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if nothing else, there's some excellent Bridge players in Argentina, Carolyn :)

    And Mary Kate, you will be delighted to know clubs usually remain open until the sun kicks people out down there. It's much more, ahem, civilized. You should come check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, Facundo I figured you were behind all this but you just never know. What are you doing there besides playing Bridge?
    @Mary Kate ...you and I are not there, that's two.
    Have fun everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like you people, I really REALLY like you people.
    @ carolyn - sorry to not have gotten back to you sooner, I know you can't actually read my mind, but I am thinking about Maddie's wedding, and how to make it to that. I'm thinking I will be able to make it happen, HOW could I pass up a good time like that?!

    @Mary-Kate, Carolyn, and AndyT - Come down and check out the enchanting land yourselves, and add yourselves to the list of people who ARE in Argentina! Call me when you get there and we'll dance the night away!

    @Facundo - teach me some Bridge, wouldya? I'm worried I might bore myself to death down there otherwise... =P

    ReplyDelete