Friday, September 24, 2010

2nd New Post

I finished work yesterday.  It was kinda emotional for me.  I started to tear up a little, which surprised me and pleased me.  A year and a half at the Fairmont Miramar.  I certainly learned a lot there and am very grateful for the opportunity I had with the company.  I would be happy to go back to work for them one day if thats the way the cookie crumbles.

I guess technically it has begun;  Maria's Adventure Act I, Scene I.  Today was my first day of "vacation".  So I started to throw things away, and sift through the accumulation of stuff from the last 6 years of my Californian life.  Its a little overwhelming.  After a couple hours of that I enjoyed some champagne with friends at Venice beach and a nice nap.  It has been far too long since I took a nap on the edge of the North American continent that sits just a 15 minute walk from my apartment.  It's shameful.  Oh well, I did it today and it was wonderful.

Tonight I go to the House of Blues to see my very first roommate in California play in her band of which I am listed as an influence.  Jill Avilez and the Love Absurd.  I think I haven't seen her in at least a year.  Also shameful.  Oh well, tonight I will see her and it will be wonderful!

So it starts with goodbye I suppose.  Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment